WEBSITE USAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The term ‘Cumbria Oak’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Station Yard, Plumpton, CA11 9PA. Our company registration number is 06623030. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- We do not give permission for you to alter, transmit, re-publish or otherwise copy any material on this website, but you may download information from this website for your personal use only.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
1. Product Specifications
1.1 All our furniture is made from quality natural wood unless otherwise stated.
Please read your care instructions for your product here:
1.2 Most of our products are sold fully assembled, with the exception of large items such as beds and wardrobes which our delivery team can assemble on site for you.
1.3 At Cumbria oak we strive to use raw materials from well-managed and sustainable sources, including forests in Scandinavia. Scandinavian trees grow slowly making the wood denser, which is then kiln-dried before being crafted into wonderful furniture. We are proud to say that we take our environmental responsibilities seriously.
We believe that our business is responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
2.1 All prices include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
2.2 Online purchases may be subject to special offers and promotions which are only available through our website. They are not transferable to sales through the stores or any other means.
2.3 The prices displayed on the website in relation to any on-line promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
2.4 Errors sometimes occur and we won’t be bound to honour any price which we later inform you that the displayed price was an error. A refund will be given in these circumstances.
3. Placing an order
You can place an order via our website www.cumbriaoak.co.uk or by calling us on 01768 894528
Once you have placed an order you will be contacted via e-mail within 24hrs (or next working day) with confirmation of your order.
Please ensure you read our terms and conditions thoroughly as once your order is placed it is deemed that you have accepted our terms & conditions. Completion of the contract between you and us will take place upon the despatch of your products ordered. When we are unable to accept your order this may be because of one of the following:
- The product being unavailable from stock
- An error in the product pricing or description
- Your payment being refused by Worldpay
Making a purchase and/or creating an account with Cumbria Oak will automatically subscribe you to our customer database. You can unsubscribe from this correspondence by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option at the foot of our emails or by contacting us via phone or email. Contact details can be found on our contact us page.
End of line or discontinued stock will not be sold on our site and only through our stores, although we may advertise items.
4.1 Payment for your order can be made by credit card or debit card at the point of placing the order. The price of any product is the price shown at the date and time of your order.
4.2 We accept most types of credit and debit card, although we are unfortunately unable to accept payment by American Express
4.3 We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
4.4 All credit and debit card payments are made through a secure Worldpay system. No financial information is kept or stored with our company. If you purchase multiple products on different days, you must go through the payment process again.
4.5 We are unable to take deposits for orders using our website, if you wish to secure an item with a deposit please call into one of our showrooms.
4.6 cumbriaoak.co.uk have many items in stock but occasionally we have delays from suppliers which are beyond our control and may lead to a delay in the delivery of your goods. We cannot be held responsible for such a delay.
4.7 All prices and charges on our website are quoted in Pounds Sterling. All product prices include VAT,
4.8 For your security and protection should we need to refund you for any reason refunds will be given by the same method which the payment was made by.
5.1 The Company will do all that it reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the Company, the Company will contact the customer and agree an alternative date.
5.2. The Customer shall accept delivery when tendered whether before or after the estimated date. If the customer does not take delivery when tendered the Company shall be deemed to have performed its obligation in respect of the goods. The customer shall pay any additional expenses incurred by the Company including (but not limited to) a storage charge.
5 3. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the goods can be delivered without risk of loss or damage to the Customers property. And or risk to the delivery team.
5.4. The delivery team may consider that delivery to the chosen location may result in damage to the Customers property. In such circumstances the team will inform the customer or the Customers representative and delivery will continue only once the Customer or the Customers representative has agreed.
5.5. The customer is asked to examine the goods as soon as reasonably possible after delivery and notify the company in writing of any fault or damage as soon as possible.
6. Applicable Law
6.1 We control and operate the web site from our offices within England. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, including the use of, this website and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our web site from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute between ourselves and you the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times.